If you have pets like shitzu puppies, you definitely need to know on how are you going to feed them properly. This indeed is one of the things that you should know. We all know that a shitzu puppy is a very active dog and it burns its calories quite so fast. Here below are some of the tips for our reference.
- Feed your puppies at least four times a day. This is because it has a high metabolism and also with little stomach.
- Gradually lessen the feeding frequency of your puppy as it grows older. This varies with age and it is best to consult your veterinarian on this for the ideal weight requirement per age range.
- When your puppy becomes older, feed your puppy for a maximum of two meals per day. It is recommended by many experts for a twelve interval period. Other owners feed their dog in the morning and in the evening. It is up to you when it comes to the time you will feed your dog but the suggested is the frequency mentioned previously.
- Take away unconsumed foods after 30 minutes your puppy has completed its meal.
- Do not feed you shitzu more than what is required by its body. This is to ensure that it will not become obese. Your puppy will have a big chance of suffering many health problems like metabolic disease, joint issues and heart disease if in case it becomes obese.